Saturday, September 4, 2010

Corporate Pillars Day 75

Today is Day 75 of the Corporate Pillars business card sculpture project.  Two weeks ago, I ran into my friends Young and Clement at a street fair.  It had been a few months since we last saw each other.  While catching up with each other, I mentioned the business card sculpture and both said they had business cards they could donate to the cause.  Schedules being what they are these days, we finally met up this morning for brunch. 

The timing was perfect.  I had enough time to drop of the paintings at the studio and grab my ladder before meeting them on the other side of town.  Brunch was a blast!  Too many cups of coffee later, I left learning about the system used by a major airline employees to book flights.  Both guys travel a lot for that fact both work for an airline is no big surprise.  It was fun listening to their corporate stories.  I am very much removed from that world but it played in perfectly to the sculpture project.  Young did have one request.  He asked that I put one of his cards at eye level.  I don't think that will be an issue.

After brunch, I ran to the hardware store to pick up some ceiling paint.  I still have hopes of painting at least one ceiling if not two this holiday weekend.  If I do, I will still be on schedule to sell my condo this Fall.

In meeting Young and Clement for brunch, I recieved an additional 382 business cards for the project.

No comments: