Tuesday, September 8, 2009

I'm Back!

After a brief hiatus, I am back! I took a short consulting project which recently ended. This means that I am not 100% dedicated to art creation again. And I am very excited and enthusiastic about the new few months.

One of the galleries I have shown at over the past few years, the Black Walnut Gallery in Chicago, has offered me a representation contract. This is big! This means that my sales are exclusive through them but they act as my promotion and sales team within the Chicago Metro area. It frees me to spend more time in the studio and less time pounding the pavement looking for perspective buyers. And, if by chance I miss looking for clients, I can focus on other markets. Right now, I'm not sure which direction I will head towards next. I'm sure time will tell.

The other things about a contract is that the gallery has expectations about my work, that is, it has to be strong, and on production, one piece once in a while won't cut it. Currently, we have scheduled a large show, possibly a solo show for February 2010. 10-20 original pieces are required for the show. Keep in mind, not all the work I do I feel is at the caliber to be hanging on a gallery wall. Therefore I want to create more than 20 pieces so the strongest work will be exhibited. I'm now looking at 30+ pieces over the next few months. Now that is pressure! Thank heavens I work well under pressure.

So, going forward I will post pictures of some of the pieces I'm working on. Please send me your comments, critiques, suggestions and support. I've started climbing a very steep hill. I'll take all the help I can get to make it to the top.

No comments: