Friday, April 9, 2010

The First Newsletter

This week has been productive.  I completed two paintings, ordered lights for the new studio and completed and scheduled my first newsletter.  I'm excited and anxious about it.  The newsletter is something I have thought about and talked about for several years now and now it is a reality.  It is just another example of getting my work and name out into the Ether.

Now that the first one is under my belt, I'm not exactly sure what I was afraid of that lead me to drag my feet.  Yes, there is a cost involved, dollars and my time, but both are minimal.  My mailing list is relatively small but then again who knows where emails go after I hit "send".  I actually see growing the mailing list as a game.  How many emails can I collect this month?  (By the way, if you would like to sign up for the newsletter, please go to http://www.nolanstudios.com/ and look in the top corner.)

My goals for the newsletter are many.  I want to stay in contact with people who like my work, first and foremost.  I want to present recently completed works as well as news and events.  I also want to provide descriptions of my process/techniques, current art trends, and how to incorporate more creativity into our daily lives.  I may be biting off more than I can chew but time will tell.  I also want to hear from you.  What works and doesn't work.  The newsletter for me is a communication vehicle, sales vehicle and an educational vehicle.

I would say that my art career has been an interesting journey of "ups and downs" but I know that I have just started.  The newsletter and the blog will help me document how things unfold.


Nightmare
24"w x 24"h
Resin on Canvas

No comments: