Monday, April 5, 2010

"Forsaken"




"Forsaken"
February 2010

I, alone, crucify. I, alone, am crucified.

There are times when I feel rejected or abandoned. The motivation can stem from my reaction to the behavior and words of others, how I react to my behavior and words towards others, or how I react to actions and beliefs internally. This raises both negative and positive emotional and spiritual consequences. The incentive to gain praise, attention, approval, or bowing to peer pressure can result in denying or hiding fragments of myself or sacrificing me for the sake of another. Alternately, these same behaviors can also empower me to grow by learning and shedding life patterns that no longer serve me. In the end, whatever the outcome may be, forsaking oneself is indeed painful and lonely.

This painting represents the intrinsic rejection of myself or parts of myself by forsaking aspects of who and what I am. I chose the classic Western iconic image of the crucifixion because it illustrates suffering and rebirth at both a physical and spiritual level, the title, "Forsaken," being an allusion to Matthew 27:45-46 in the Christian Bible.





"Abandonado"
2010 de febrero

Yo, solo, crucifico. Yo, solo, soy crucificado.

A veces me siento rechazado o abandonado. El motivo puede provenir de mi reacción a la conducta y palabras de otros, cómo reacciono contra mi conducta y las palabras hacia otros, o cómo reacciono contra acciones y creencias internamente. Esto levanta ambas consecuencias negativas y positivas, emocionales y espirituales. El estímulo para ganar el elogio, la atención, la aprobación, o inclinándose para mirar la presión puede tener como resultado negar u ocultar fragmentos de yo mismo o sacrificándome por otro. Alternamente, estas mismas conductas también me pueden autorizar a crecer aprendiendo y la muda pautas de vida que ya no me sirven. Al fin, lo que el resultado puede ser, lo abandonando es verdaderamente doloroso y solitario.

Esta pintura representa el rechazo intrínseco de yo mismo o de las partes de yo mismo abandonando aspectos de quién y de lo que soy. Escogí la imagen Occidental clásica de icono de la crucifixión porque ilustra sufrimiento y renacimiento en ambos un nivel físico y espiritual, el título, "Abandonado," siendo una alusión a Matthew 27:45-46 en la Biblia cristiana.

No comments: